RRSS international student admissions is very selective based on student’s academic record, English proficiency, and willingness to participate in the wide range of co-curricular offerings.
Most openings will be in grade 9, with grades 10 and 11 applications considered for a wait list. Applications are only considered for full academic years, beginning in August of each year.
APPLICANT QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Academically motivated and successful (minimum of 70% overall score or 2.5 GPA)
- Prepared for full immersion classes taught in English
- Desire to be involved in curricular and co-curricular activities
- Emotionally and socially mature
- Representative of a variety of countries
- Respectful of world cultures and values
NO OTHER ENTRANCE TESTS REQUIRED
Students currently living in the U.S. must progress to the next year of school. For example, students studying in grade 9 while living in the U.S. must apply for grade 10 the following year.
Students currently living in a country outside of the U.S. may choose to repeat a school grade to allow for adjustment in English immersion and western education. For example, students currently living in China and enrolled in grade 9 may choose to apply for grade 9 or 10.
TUITION AND FEES
In order to secure enrollment for each academic year, tuition and fees, homestay payment, and ancillary reserve must be paid in full upon acceptance.
- The tuition and fees for the 2017-2018 school year are as follows:
- Application Fee: $100 (Non-refundable)
- Upon acceptance, a $200 non-refundable fee is due prior to the issuing of an I-20 visa.
- Student Tuition: $25,500
- International Student Tuition includes registration fee and I-20 fee as appropriate.
- International Student Insurance is required for I-20 Students: $1,250 for 10 months
- eTextbooks: $250-350 (actual cost varies based on classes taken)
I-20 Application Checklist
The following items are REQUIRED and MUST be submitted for your application to be complete.
1. ONLINE APPLICATION: Submit the Application (parent form & student form), and make application payment.
2. REFERENCES: Submit the following reference forms to the appropriate people at the student's current school:
3. TRANSCRIPT: Submit the Transcript Request Form to the student's current school (click link to open the PDF form). Note: Transcripts must be translated to English and be sent directly from the school. School transcripts must include the school seal.
4. CURRENT GRADES: If applying during a school year, applicants must submit their current grades in addition to their transcript (step 4 above).
5. PASSPORT: Submit a copy of student's passport.
6. PARENT PASSPORT: Submit a copy of each parent's passport. If parents do not have a passports, submit a clear photo of each parent.
7. PHOTO: Submit a recent photo of the student.
8. IMMUNIZATIONS: Submit a copy of the student's immunization record.
9. INTERVIEW: When all documents have been received by the Admission Office, a personal interview will be scheduled with the Director of Admission and/or the Principal using SKYPE technology.